5 May 2012

Pleasing Pictures and Stories - "Can I Have A Ride ?"


" I HAVE seen it done, and I am sure if I could only once drop down comfortably on that creature's back I could stick on." These were the reflections of Pompey, the black monkey, who, having made good his escape from the house, had, after many adventures, found himself on a roof overlooking the pigstye, where Mrs. Pig and a thriving young family were enjoying existence.  "Shall I do it? a ride would be delightful; well, here goes; I'll take a leap--one, two--;" but he didn't say three, for happily Mrs. Pig, who was looking round as if disturbed by something, at this very moment, up came the man with the pigs' wash, and Pompey, fearing detection, fled up the roof and in at the stable window as if he had been shot, very well aware that he had no business to be where he was. 

No comments: